Laser Hair Removal
Laser Hair Removal is a procedure by which unwanted hair from the body is removed utilizing GentleLASE Pro by Candela Laser Corporation. In the procedure, the Doctor distributes the light of an alexandrite long pulse (755nm) Laser onto the skin.
Laser Hair Removal results in permanent hair reduction, reducing the volume of hair and thinning out the texture. Both men and women seek the above mentioned services to have superfluous or unwanted hair removed. Laser hair removal can be done on any part of the body, from the chin, lip, cheeks, sideburns, neck, ears all the way to the hands and toes. The causes of excessive hair growth patterns are varied. Those with which people are best acquainted include: hereditary, glandular/hormonal imbalance, pregnancy, reactions to certain medicines, normal aging process, excessive waxing, tweezing and other temporary methods of hair removal (cream/depilatories) amongst others. In order to control abnormal hair growth and patterns, it may be important to control one's hormones and the production of hair caused by a hormonal imbalance.
Several (repeated) treatments are generally necessary to satisfy the patient/client's desire for hair removal. On the body one would need between 6-8 sessions. On the face it tends to take slightly longer, statistically between 12-15 sessions. The darker and thicker the hair, the more effective the treatment will be. Laser does not work on white or very light hairs. . Book a consultation today by e-mailing us on email@example.com. Click on links below for further information.
1. Wear light underwear on the day of your treatment
2. Do not apply anti-perspirant which contains alcohol on the day of the treatment
3. Apply an emollient post treatment for the first 3 days
4. Use a scrub from the following day to help the hair fall off. It is common that the hair takes between 2-3 weeks to fall off completely, especially after the first treatment
5. In between sessions it is not recommended to wax, tweeze or use any other method which removes the hair from the hair root. It is ideal to trim, shave or use hair removing creams.