Micro-needle roller treatment targets open pores, fine lines, acne scars, stretch marks and it re-texturizes the skin. Micro-Needle roller treatment is also called Collagen Induction Treatment. The roller is rolled on the skin creating microscopic punctures on the surface of the skin. The increased blood underneath the surface of the skin, together with collagen growth factor induce skin regeneration. This will stimulate new skin to be formed improving initially the texture of the skin, and secondly the depth of any present scars. The SkinRolla dermaroller is made from medical grade titatnium alloy. A topical anesthetic cream is applied 45 minutes to 1 hour prior to the treatment to be more comfortable during the treatment. Repetition of the treatment is key depending on the skin's texture, however 8 weeks need to pass prior to the next treatment. In this way the skin is given time to heal and regenerate properly.
A home kit is also available to enhance the result. The difference between the home kit and the one done at the clinic is the length of the needle.
Immediately after the micro-needle roller procedure the skin will be red, resembling moderate sunburn, as the skin naturally heals the redness will resolve. The skin may remain red for three or four days after, although it is usual for it to subside within two days and many people are able to return to their normal activities the same or next day. It is recommended that the use of soaps on the treated skin area is restricted until the redness subsides and where possible warm/tepid water and/or gentle skin cleansers are used for cleansing. . Book a consultation today by e-mailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Click on links below for further information.
1. Wash face with only water for the following 3-5 days post treatment, till redness subsides
2. Avoid make up application for the first 3-5 days post treatment
3. Discuss the possibility of a home care kit as a maintenance tool with Doctor
4. If any bruises are present, Arnica containing creams can be used up to 3-5 times daily
5. A hydrating serum can be applied for the first 3-5 days post treatment since the skin might feel a bit tight